Join us. Make an impact.
Want to make our world a better place through education?
At Big Universe, we deeply believe that education leads to a better world.
Our mission is to deliver anywhere-anytime engaging education solutions that
inspire children to learn and help educators teach more effectively.
Our award-winning integrated literacy platform is used daily by
students and educators around the globe. We are a 100% virtual company
with employees that work from their home or office, around the world.
If you share our passion for delivering innovative learning solutions
and want to work in a virtual environment,
we look forward to hearing from you.
Inside Sales Manager/Director
Big Universe is seeking to rapidly expand its inside sales team. If you are a quota-exceeding sales leader, preferably having sold for a software company or an annually-renewable subscription based service, we want to talk to you. Experience selling into schools is strongly preferred. This position will work from a virtual office. A track record of working independently from a remote location is required.
The Sales Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of an inside sales team responsible for both new and renewals sales in North America. Although this is a sales leadership role, the Sales Manager is expected to take the lead when strategic or large sales opportunities are uncovered. The position is responsible for all staffing, training and development of a growing inside sales team and is expected to leverage the CRM to track and manage to established sales standards in order to drive overall topline revenue attainment based on company strategic plan./p>
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the inside sales team to achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual new business and renewal sales quotas
- Accurately forecast sales results
- Provide input to marketing to support sales plans
- Maintains updated account records via CRM
- Leverage dashboards and reporting to report sales results, activity and pipeline development weekly
- Motivate and develop sales representatives
- Demonstrates the ability to provide leadership, specific guidance and support to sales team members in an overall sales capacity or working with specific customers or prospects via daily hands-on coaching
- Follows documented sales process
- Control territory expenses to assure that the annual travel & entertainment budget is not exceeded.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Intelligent Software/Technology sales performer
- Minimum of 3 years documented success in an Inside Sales, New Business role
- Proven track record working out of a home or virtual office
- Minimum of 3 years success selling software, Software as a Service (SaaS) or mobile application product (inside) -- Prefer experience in the education market, but business or government sales experience acceptable
- Proven track record as an Inside Sales Management
- Experience selling through technology (web-based presentation and demonstration tools)
- Excellent telephone prospecting skills
- Proven ability as a conversationalist
- No telephone or C-level reluctances
- Trained in sales techniques similar to Consultative/Strategic selling (Formal or informal via on-the job)
- Able to communicate about company vision and solutions as well as match specific customer requirements to those visions, delivering on the promise
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to present product benefits in a clear and enthusiastic manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and Web meeting tools
- Comfortable testing and leveraging new technologies to drive sales efficiencies and effectiveness
- Ability to manage to change and multi-task
- Experience uncovering and evaluating new opportunities
- Experience with CRM tools to manage sales activity and outcomes daily
- Experience managing representatives with large territories requiring territory management and prioritization to focus on high pay-off activities
- Ability to develop and manage a territory and sales plan to achieve required sales objectives.
- Skilled in identifying opportunity, moving prospects through a documented process and effectively communicating company solutions verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage pipeline to meet both short- and long-term sales goals.
- College degree required
- Approximately 10% travel or less
- Self-starter, great work ethic, organized and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be a POSITIVE, can-do person, be adaptable to change
- Needs to have passionate desire towards making a difference -- helping students and schools
To apply, please:
- Review our website: https://www.biguniverse.com/
- IMPORTANT: Send an email using the Contact link below with the following information: why you feel you are a fit for our organization/mission, your resume/bio and compensation requirement. Applications without this information will be ignored.
- If we like your bio, we'll interview you over Skype video, so your computer must have a webcam.
Inside Sales Representatives
We are looking for a K-12 Inside Sales Representatives, who will be responsible for development of an assigned geographic territory. The position is a direct contributor sales position with the core mission to grow revenue from the assigned territory through new business acquisition and expanding existing business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive new business sales and expand existing customer base.
- Make outgoing sales calls seeking new clients in hunter role; contact existing customers for renewal and expansion opportunities.
- Handle incoming calls and assigned leads.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to plan for sales success, manage/report/forecast pipeline and document all activity, plans and communications in CRM daily.
- Meet and/or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas.
- Participate positively and actively in weekly, monthly and annual sales meetings and company functions as appropriate.
- Conduct a minimum of 20 sales presentations (primarily online) on a monthly basis that are new, first time meetings with territory prospects.
- Maintain a close rate of at least 40% after 6 months in territory.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Intelligent Software/Technology sales performer.
- Minimum of 3 years documented success in an inside sales (new business) role, selling software or SaaS. Experience in the education market preferred, but business or government sales experience is acceptable.
- Experience uncovering new opportunities and managing/developing a large territory utilizing territory management and prioritization to focus on high payoff activities, to achieve required sales objectives.
- Experience with CRM tools to manage sales activity and outcomes daily.
- Self-starter, great work ethic, organized and excellent interpersonal skills with ability to manage to change/multi-task and proven track record to working out of a home or virtual office.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage pipeline to meet both, short and long, term sales goals. Skilled in identifying opportunity, moving prospects through a documented process and effectively communicating company solutions verbally and in writing.
- Experience selling through technology (web presentation tools).
- Excellent telephone prospecting skills with proven ability as a conversationalist and no telephone or C-level reluctances.
- Trained in sales techniques similar to Consultative/Strategic selling (formal or informal via on-the job) with ability to communicate company vision, solutions and present product benefits in a clear and enthusiastic manner, as well as match specific customer requirements to those visions, delivering on the promise.
- Must be a POSITIVE, can-do person who is adaptable to change and persistent, and thrives in a sales focused/pressure environment and energized by selling in a virtual/remote office environment every day, inside sales, role.
- Needs to have passionate desire towards making a difference helping students and schools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Google Apps and Web meeting tools.
- College degree required.
- Approximately 10% travel or less.