Join us. Make an impact.
Want to make our world a better place through education?
At Big Universe, we deeply believe that education leads to a better world.
Our mission is to deliver anywhere-anytime engaging education solutions that
inspire children to learn and help educators teach more effectively.
Our award-winning integrated literacy platform is used daily by
students and educators around the globe. We are a 100% virtual company
with employees that work from their home or office, around the world.
If you share our passion for delivering innovative learning solutions
and want to work in a virtual environment,
we look forward to hearing from you.
Educational Leaders Wanted to Conduct Professional Learning Webinars
Big Universe, a leading K-12 digital literacy platform, is seeking experienced educational leaders to share their expertise in online professional learning webinars for our customers. The goal of the webinars is to provide Big Universe customers with unique learning opportunities that will improve their instructional practices, build their knowledge, and further their careers.
- Work with Big Universe to determine the focus/topic of the webinar
- Prepare content for a 40-45 minute online presentation
- Attend a 30-45 minute practice session
- Conduct the 1-hour professional learning webinar
You may be asked to conduct 1-2 webinars per month. Big Universe will handle all webinar logistics including providing the webinar hosting and registration platform, promoting the webinar, and moderating the webinar.
- Active or retired K-12 educator, Ed.D/Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in an educational leadership position such as principal, assistant principal, or district-level job
- Background and expertise in literacy, reading, standards-based instruction, educational technology, and/or curriculum design and implementation
- Experience speaking at conferences, workshops, podcasts and/or webinars required
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a list of applicable public speaking engagements with links to recordings or videos where possible. This is a remote consulting/contracting opportunity.
Inside Sales Representatives
We are looking for a K-12 Inside Sales Representatives, who will be responsible for development of an assigned geographic territory. The position is a direct contributor sales position with the core mission to grow revenue from the assigned territory through new business acquisition and expanding existing business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive new business sales and expand existing customer base.
- Make outgoing sales calls seeking new clients in hunter role; contact existing customers for renewal and expansion opportunities.
- Handle incoming calls and assigned leads.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to plan for sales success, manage/report/forecast pipeline and document all activity, plans and communications in CRM daily.
- Meet and/or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas.
- Participate positively and actively in weekly, monthly and annual sales meetings and company functions as appropriate.
- Conduct a minimum of 20 sales presentations (primarily online) on a monthly basis that are new, first time meetings with territory prospects.
- Maintain a close rate of at least 40% after 6 months in territory.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Intelligent Software/Technology sales performer.
- Minimum of 3 years documented success in an inside sales (new business) role, selling software or SaaS. Experience in the education market preferred, but business or government sales experience is acceptable.
- Experience uncovering new opportunities and managing/developing a large territory utilizing territory management and prioritization to focus on high payoff activities, to achieve required sales objectives.
- Experience with CRM tools to manage sales activity and outcomes daily.
- Self-starter, great work ethic, organized and excellent interpersonal skills with ability to manage to change/multi-task and proven track record to working out of a home or virtual office.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage pipeline to meet both, short and long, term sales goals. Skilled in identifying opportunity, moving prospects through a documented process and effectively communicating company solutions verbally and in writing.
- Experience selling through technology (web presentation tools).
- Excellent telephone prospecting skills with proven ability as a conversationalist and no telephone or C-level reluctances.
- Trained in sales techniques similar to Consultative/Strategic selling (formal or informal via on-the job) with ability to communicate company vision, solutions and present product benefits in a clear and enthusiastic manner, as well as match specific customer requirements to those visions, delivering on the promise.
- Must be a POSITIVE, can-do person who is adaptable to change and persistent, and thrives in a sales focused/pressure environment and energized by selling in a virtual/remote office environment every day, inside sales, role.
- Needs to have passionate desire towards making a difference helping students and schools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Google Apps and Web meeting tools.
- College degree required.
- Approximately 10% travel or less.